Lab In-charge: Ms. Poonam Jayal
Lab Assistant: Mr. Vipin Singh
About the Lab:
In this lab, experiments have been designed to relate the theoretical concepts taught in the subject of Control Engineering with their practical implementation. The lab comprises of trainer kits on position control systems (A.C and D.C), D.C speed control system, PID controller, magnetic amplifiers, lead-lag compensators etc. The MATLAB software is installed in the PCs provided in the lab for all types of simulations in continuous and discrete domain. Also plots like root locus, Bode plot and Polar/Nyquist plots can easily be plotted using MATLAB which enable the students to compare their theoretical result with the simulated ones.
List of Experiments:
1. Comparison of open loop and closed loop control in speed control of D.C motor
2. To study the characteristics of positional error detector by angular displacement of two servo potentiometers excited with A.C
3. To study the characteristics of positional error detector by angular displacement of two servo potentiometers excited with D.C
4. To plot speed-torque curves for A.C servomotor for different voltages.
5. To study ac motor position control system and to plot the dynamic response and calculate peak time, settling time, peak overshoot etc.
6. To study the performance of a PID controller.
7. To study the time response of simulated linear system.
8. Plot impulse response, unit step response and unit ramp response of any second order transfer function using MATLAB.
9. Plot root locus for any second order system (with complex poles). For Mp=30%, find the value of K using MATLAB.
10. To design lead-lag compensator for the given process using Bode plots in MATLAB.
11. To study the magnetization (Volts/Amp) characteristics of the saturable core reactorused in the magnetic amplifier circuits.